1.28.2009

Janelle's Apple Pancakes

This is a frequently requested recipe and a General Conference tradition!

2 cups Bisquick*
1 egg
3/4 grated peeled apple
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
1-1/3 cup milk

Mix all of the above and cook on a hot griddle.

Apple Syrup

2 cups apple juice
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
2 T. lemon juice
2 T. corn starch
1/2 tsp. apple pie spice

Mix cold apple juice and corn starch until completely dissolved. Add sugar, lemon juice, and apple pie spice. Bring to a boil and cook until slightly thickened. Add butter and stir until melted.

*If I don't have Bisquick, I make regular pancake mix (i.e., Krusteaz) and add the cinnamon and grated peeled apple. Seems to work as well as Bisquick although maybe not quite as rich.

1 comment:

  1. sounds delish! I think I have everything for that--I think I'll make it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete